If you tell yourself something enough times, you’ll start to believe it. You only need to watch an hour or so of nightly, network television to see the same commercial twice, as advertisers are well aware of the power of repetition to train the human mind. Knowing this, it’s a good idea to examine your own inner dialogue to check the quality of any messages that might be streaming through your head.
What are you telling yourself? Are you repeating the same negative phrases over and over, yet wondering why you keep getting the same results? Do you tell yourself that you are fat, then get angry at yourself for over-eating? Do you want to have more money, but you keep focusing on your tiny bank account? Whatever you think eventually affects your reality, so you have to be careful and choose what you say to yourself wisely.
Retrain your Brain
If you want to make positive changes in your life, you will benefit from some brain-training. Affirmations are phrases you choose to repeat to yourself for specific means. Proven in their effectiveness to retrain mental patterns, they are an excellent and easy tool to help you reach personal goals and make positive life changes.
Affirmations work because they speak to the subconscious mind, the aware part of your being that is truly in the driver’s seat. Its capability to function without your mental focus enables it to take over your motor functions when you become distracted, such as continuing to operate your car if you space-out while driving.
The subconscious is the deep, completely aware aspect of your presence. It pays attention to every thought you have and every moment you live, taking it’s cues about how to behave from your dominant mental patterns.
The more you think a thought, the more it becomes a pattern for your subconscious mind to follow. This is why you need to work with affirmations if you want to re-train your daily habits, mental attitude and life direction.
Here are 20 affirmative phrases you can use to inspire positive change in your life. If you make a practice of repeating any of these to yourself regularly, you will increase the flow of good things in your life:
- I am better than I was, and I’ll be better than I am.
- Abundance flows effortlessly to me.
- I am happy, healthy and fulfilled.
- I consistently make positive choices that enhance my well-being.
- I can and I will.
- I let go of that which no longer serves me now.
- All is well in my world.
- I am a vibrant example of peace, joy and grace.
- I choose to see the light that I am in this world.
- I see love, I share love, I am love.
- I trust that life is always leading me to wholeness.
- It is safe for me to have everything I want.
- Every day in every way, I am getting better and better.
- I accept my ultimate potential now.
- Everything I need comes to me at exactly the right time.
- I am grateful.
- I follow my dreams no matter what.
- I am happy, life is good.
- I love and accept myself as I am.
- Today is the best day ever!
Keep it up!
You can use any of these affirmations or create your own that are tailored to your specific goals. If you do make your own, be sure to keep them in a positive and present-tense voice for maximum efficacy.
Affirmations as a regular practice will eventually retrain your thinking to a more positive calibration. Once this happens, your life will respond with an increase in positive experiences. This makes them an excellent tool that requires only minimal effort for maximum pay-off.